Mother - daughter duo Janet and Andrea joined the cast of the NYDJ Fit Is Everything campaign, bringing their one-of-a-kind chemistry and stunning beauty to the set.
In honor of Mother’s Day, we sat down with Janet to talk all things NYDJ, spring style, and to get the scoop on sharing the Fit Is Everything experience with her daughter, Andrea.
1. Excitement. Love. Happiness. Describe your first-impression reaction when you slipped into your first pair of NYDJ on set!
JM: My first impression when I tried on my first pair of NYDJ was excitement that the jeans just glided on and I was able to zip them without a struggle, and happiness that I was able to tuck my T-shirt in. When I looked in the mirror and saw how slimming they were, I was hooked!
2. The “Fit Is Everything” campaign shoot was amazing! What was your favorite moment on set?
JM: Being surrounded by such wonderful and talented people was my favorite part of being part of the “Fit is Everything” campaign. Everyone made us feel special including the makeup and hair people, stylists and photographers, not to mention making us all look amazing. It began with all the women loving how we looked and felt in the jeans and ended with us all sharing a wonderful bonding experience.
3. Good genes (and jeans) run in the family! What was it like working together with your daughter on set?
JM: It truly was a surreal experience to work together with my daughter on the NYDJ Spring campaign. I share a special relationship with my daughter Andrea and I believe our mutual love and respect for each other was captured in the campaign shoot and all of the wonderful photos. Meeting all the other spectacular women on set was an experience we will cherish forever. It truly fills me with joy that my daughter and I have the memory of that special day to treasure forever.
4. We imagine you were taken by quite a surprise when you found out you would be part of campaign right there on the spot! Take us behind-the-scenes of that whirlwind day from the casting call to the photoshoot!
JM: During the casting call we met Kristi and she was so delightful that my daughter and I felt completely at ease. We were happily surprised and tremendously flattered to be asked to join the NYDJ campaign. Upon our arrival on set we had the pleasure of having our hair and makeup done by a fabulous team of professionals. We were then joined by a stylist who chose a few pair of NYDJ jeans to try on in a dressing room. We were asked to come out and tell everyone on set how we felt about the fit and how we looked. Needless to say, we were all tremendously thrilled about the fit and how flattering they made us look. Next up was having our photos and videos taken. By the end of the day we felt like we were part of the NYDJ family.
5. What’s one piece of body-confidence advice you’ve passed along to your daughter?
JM: I believe that when you look and feel your best, you release positive energy into the world. Confidence is a beautiful thing and when you feel confident, you are at your most beautiful.
6. The Original Slimming Fit. Lift-Tuck technology. Jeans in 50+ sizes. What is it that sets NYDJ apart from the rest for you?
JM: From my past experiences, trying on jeans was a difficult process. I would take numerous different kinds and styles of jeans into a dressing room. Almost all of the jeans were either too tight or confining or would simply not fit properly. I would leave frustrated and confused about my size and ability to find a pair of jeans that would be flattering on me. From the moment I first tried NYDJ jeans it changed my experience from negative to positive. The NYDJ fit is not only flattering but enhances your curves. They are also comfortable and move with you. The best part of all is that the style and fit of the jeans makes you feel confident about yourself!
7. What’s your favorite style of jeans and how do you style them?
JM: My favorite style of jeans is a legging! I like them best because you can pair them with sweaters, t-shirts, tank tops and sneakers for a casual look or dressier blouses and heels for a dressed up look. They are quite versatile.
8. Every woman loves a jean that makes her feel confident, bold and ready-for-anything. What’s your go-to NYDJ power piece for spring?
JM: I love, love, love the Alina Ankle with Released Hem for spring. I tried them on at the shoot. I’ve got them in two colors so far! Can’t wait to get them in the blush color too!
Janet and her daughter Andrea share a moment on set at the Spring 2017 campaign shoot.